Happy Independence Day if you’re an American like me! (If not, well then happy Tuesday!) What better way to jazz up your red, white, and blue accessories than with red lipstick? Here are my top five selections for red lips:
So, these are going to be in order from left to right in the picture. I love all of these products, so they’re not really in order of which are best out of the five since they’re all great for different reasons.
- Buxom Big & Sexy Gel Lipstick in Red Inferno – This is a great matte red. It’s a cool red with blue undertones (which works well for me since I have pale skin with cool undertone). This is the easiest lipstick to apply because one swipe coats the lips with perfectly even, brightly pigmented color. It also lasts a long time without drying out the lips.
- Sephora Rouge Cream Lipstick – The shade I love isn’t made anymore, so I’ve linked to the most similar shade (SR43 We Have to Talk). I have several of these lipsticks in various colors because they’re creamy and have a nice satin finish. They’re not glossy or matte but are somewhere in between. The finish is just so nice, although they don’t last as long as other lipsticks.
- MAC Limited Edition Lipstick in True Love’s Kiss – This lipstick is also not currently available because it was a limited edition that came out with the Maleficent movie. I just had to get it because Maleficent is my favorite Disney villain! Still, if you haven’t tried MAC lipsticks, they are amazing! They are so comfortable on the lips and last a long time. Check out their iconic red (which is slightly darker than this one) Ruby Woo.
- Sephora Oil Infusion Color & Care in 05 Cherry Cocktail – I love this oil! It looks really pigmented in the picture, but it’s actually really sheer on the lips. I wear this all the time for minimal makeup days. It’s so pretty, and it also really moisturizes the lips. It goes on like a gloss, but it’s not at all sticky. Right now, they’re half-off at Sephora since they’re clearance-priced now, so be sure to snag one for $7 before they’re all gone! (I’ve already bought two spares lol)
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella – This is definitely the darkest, vampiest color of the bunch. It is super long-wearing (and it does honestly dry the lips out a bit). I love this scarlet, dramatic look, especially when it’s paired with winged eyeliner. The pencil structure makes this easy to apply, and a little goes a long way.
Well, whether you’re rocking a red lip or just lip balm, I hope you have a great day!