Yesterday was the Kentucky Derby! I’m terrified of horses, but I’d love to go someday so that I can just admire all of the fashions. Being in Cincinnati, it’s just a short drive away, so maybe next year!
Anyway, while I wasn’t there in person, I did scour the internet for a glimpse of some of the fabulous hats, and I wanted to share my top five favorites:
1. This first one is my top pick. I love the black and white. It’s classy but really dramatic. The matching feathers also work so well. This is a quintessential Kentucky Derby hat!
2. I also love a pop of color! This lavender hat was amazing for Spring. I don’t quite understand the orange plumes on the side, but overall this is a really neat hat.
3. This third hat really works for me because it’s dramatic but neutral. It would seem way too extreme if it was in a brighter color, but the demure tones help the overall look to come together. I’d love to try this one on!
4. I’m totally biased towards this hat because it looks like an exaggerated version of the fascinator I purchased to wear for the royal wedding (I have not been invited but I am throwing my own party that day to celebrate). It’s pink, so of course I love it!
5. Last, but not least, we have our most dramatic hat! It’s like the Kentucky Derby meets Coachella! This is an example of a deliberately over-the-top hat, and while it’s not one that I would feel comfortable wearing, I definitely respect it and admire the rose detailing. It also kind of looks like a dream catcher, which I find interesting.
Have you ever attended the Kentucky Derby, or do you plan to do so in the future? What kind of hat would you want to wear? Be sure to let me know in the comment section!
Thanks for reading!